Thursday, August 27, 2009

Music=Life explained.

One time I heard a song and it was catchy and fun to sing along to. The lyrics, a bit confusing and aimless, didn't really matter. A few years later I listened to the same song again and was amazed at how profound the lyrics were. They were provocative and really touched me. It was as if the musician knew what I was thinking and found a different, sometimes more precise, way of expressing those thoughts. Or sometimes I'll hear a song and I will put a certain meaning to it. Then later down the road, the song meaning will vastly transform for me. Taking on a whole new face with a different story. I think I could say that I had experienced more in life, therefore had more to relate the music to.

Then it happened with some other songs... and more and more.

Life experiences define your music.

No comments:

Post a Comment