Saturday, September 5, 2009

NO SMOKING

I feel very strongly about smoking. I am totally against it.

I mean, smoking goes against all that is RENELLE.

It is an artificial NEED... which makes it a WANT. If this WANT takes over your life, it becomes other people's problem too. That is just unfair.

My dad smokes. Not as much as he did before, but he does. I don't like that about him. But he doesn't make it anyone else's problem. He never smokes at home (not even outside the house anymore). He doesn't spend an excessive amount of money on cigarettes. He keeps it to himself.

But there are some people out there who do make it other people's problem. Like taking way too many smoke breaks at work, making your co-workers irritated. Or contaminating the air and making others suffer from secondhand smoke. Or even wasting much of your hard-earned money on boxes and boxes of cigarettes and lighters/matches.

Going on break to eat or go to the bathroom- thats all biological needs, you will be in pain if you don't do so.But smoking is an artificial need that is created by oneself... therefore I don't feel bad at all if you NEED a smoke. I'd rather see them in their fake sufferage than to let them waste my time with a cigarette.

My family watched my grandmother, the matriarch of our family, die from lung cancer- rooted in secondhand smoke. We saw her health deteriorate. We remember all the hospital scares. When we lost her... I told myself I would never smoke. Sure, I tried it once... but it was the dumbest thing I've ever done. I didn't understand the stress-relief... and the guilt was overwhelming.

That it why I hate the idea of smoking... just sayin.

Get that shit outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment